Marta Kem, the founder and the owner of Vibrant Couples & Individual Counseling. She is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of Colorado. In her private practice, Marta offers Emotionally Focused Therapy for individuals and couples as well as Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy.
She helps couples gain more trust and emotional closeness.
She helps individuals “become stronger at their broken places.”
- Through her work at Denver Family Institute, Marta discovered her passion for couples therapy. She worked intensively on rebuilding connection and trust between partners by emotionally tuning into each of the partner’s experiences, organizing their experiences into coherent patterns or steps, and then co-creating with couples new ways of relating to each other.
- At Touchstone Health Partners in Fort Collins, Marta worked with families whose children were at risk of out-of-home placements due to their emotional and behavioral struggles. She worked with caregivers and children on creating structured, firm, yet loving, peaceful, and healing households.
- Marta also worked with Dr. Terry Levy and Michael Orlans at Attachment Treatment and Training Institute in Evergreen. There, she worked with internationally adopted children to help them overcome their past traumas, and with their caregivers to teach them how to parent more effectively.
- Denver Family Institute, Denver, CO
Post-Graduate, Advanced Training in Marriage and Family Therapy
- University of Northern Colorado, Denver, CO
Master of Arts, Clinical Counseling; Emphasis: Couples and Family Therapy
- Regis University, School for Professional Studies, Denver, CO
Bachelor of Science, Applied Psychology; Minor: Communication
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Colorado, Registered with DORA # 1101
- National Certified Counselor, Registered with National Board for Certified Counselors
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Certified Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist with ICEEFT
- Certified EFT Supervisor with ICEEFT
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
Toby, Marta’s Labradoodle has been joining Marta in her therapy sessions. He adds smiles to everyone’s faces.