Marta Kem, the founder and the owner of Vibrant Couples & Family Counseling, is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of Colorado. In her private practice, Marta offers Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy for heterosexual and homosexual couples who struggle with trust, emotional closeness, and communication issues.
Marta also provides Attachment Focused Family Therapy and Trauma-Informed Care for families with children between 5 and 13 years of age who are struggling with emotional and behavioral issues.
Clinical Experience with Couples and Families:
- Through her work at Denver Family Institute, Marta discovered her passion for couples therapy. She worked intensively on rebuilding connection and trust between partners by emotionally tuning into each of the partner’s experiences, organizing their experiences into coherent patterns or steps, and then co-creating with couples new ways of relating to each other.
- At Touchstone Health Partners in Fort Collins, Marta worked with families whose children were at risk of out-of-home placements due to their emotional and behavioral struggles. She worked with caregivers and children on creating structured, firm, yet loving, peaceful, and healing households.
- Marta also worked with Dr. Terry Levy and Michael Orlans at Attachment Treatment and Training Institute in Evergreen. There, she worked with internationally adopted children to help them overcome their past traumas, and with their caregivers to teach them how to parent more effectively.
- Denver Family Institute, Denver, CO
Post-Graduate, Advanced Training in Marriage and Family Therapy
- University of Northern Colorado, Denver, CO
Master of Arts, Clinical Counseling; Emphasis: Couples and Family Therapy
- Regis University, School for Professional Studies, Denver, CO
Bachelor of Science, Applied Psychology; Minor: Communication
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Colorado, Registered with DORA # 1101
- National Certified Counselor, Registered with National Board for Certified Counselors
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor in Training through Denver Family Institute
- Certified Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist with ICEEFT
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
In the last 10 years, Marta has worked as a nanny with 5 different families. She helped raise 14 children in total, ranging from 3 month-old triplets to a 13 year old. Marta has been happily married for over 3 years.