Heather offers Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy because she believes that relationships are a vital part of our health and happiness. They help anchor us as we navigate the many challenges of life. She also understands the devastation and helplessness we experience when we struggle to connect, are caught in conflict or don’t feel understood in our relationships.
Heather also provides Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy for adults who are suffering from symptoms related to complex and acute trauma.
Clinical Experience with Couples and Families:
- During her time at The Veteran’s Affairs, Heather was privileged to witness and be a part of the transformation that couples go through when they are able to slow down and really start to hear one another and respond accordingly. Being able to facilitate more emotionally focused conversations gets beneath the content and really strikes at the heart of the issue. She witnessed Veterans who suffered years of PTSD start to be able to feel safe with their partner, feel them emotions, and start to connect on a deeper level.
- University of San Diego, San Diego, CA
Master of Arts, Marital and Family Therapy
- University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology; Minor: History
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Colorado, Registered with DORA # 13018
- Certified Addictions Counselor, Colorado, Registered with DORA #7277
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Trained
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
Although born and raised in Los Angeles, I never felt truly home until living in Colorado. Since I graduated from the University of Colorado, Boulder I am a proud Buffs fan! My husband and I met in college and we have been happily married for the past 3 years. I constantly strive (and struggle often!) to have balance in my life between work, relationships, fun, self-reflection, nurturing my physical health and of course, sleep. Outside of my career, I enjoy golf, tennis, game nights, our puggle (Bella), learning new recipes, Netflix marathons and exploring new parts of Colorado.